2018 Reward Your Health Wellness Program
Reward Your Health (RYH) has 5 steps. To maintain compliance, participants must complete ALL 5 steps by July 31, 2018.
Log on to hap.org to access iStrive and check the status of your program. (More detailed log-in instructions can be found below.)
Step 1 - Know Your Numbers
- If you have a check mark for Step 1 you do not need to sign up for coaching. If you signed up in error, please email us at email@example.com and we will cancel your appointment.
- If you do not have a check mark for Step 1 and can see all of your numbers inside Step 1 (BMI, blood pressure, cholesterol or ldl and glucose or Hemoglobin A1c) you can proceed to Steps 2-5.
- If you do not have a check mark for Step 1 and are missing any of your numbers inside Step 1 (BMI, blood pressure, cholesterol or ldl and glucose or Hemoglobin A1c) you may need to visit your provider to complete this step.
- If you have questions about completing Step 1 please call IYL at 205-7495.
Step 2 - Take your health assessment (HA)
Step 3 - Be tobacco-free
- If you are a tobacco user you must complete two, 30-minute coaching sessions with our Tobacco Treatment Specialist, Carol Zawacki. Click here and scroll to the bottom to schedule an appointment.
- Completing two sessions will result in check marks for Steps 1, 3 and 4.
Step 4 - Wellness activity
- If your Step 1 numbers are in range you will meet your Step 4 requirement by clicking on "more" next to "Are your numbers in range?" There are a number of activities to choose from inside this step.
- If your Step 1 numbers are out of range you must complete health coaching. Click here to schedule an appointment with any of our health coaches. Please remember to call your coach at the beginning of your appointment slot.
- Completing Step 4 will result in check marks for Steps 1 and 4.
- Those involved in Care Management (CM) should already be engaged in the program.
- Compliance with CM will result in check marks for Step 1, 3 (if needed) and 4.
- If you have questions about Care Management please call IYL at 205-7495.
Step 5 - Preventive screenings
To complete step 5, type your name in the box when prompted. By doing this, you promise to complete the services you need this year and/or you acknowledge already doing them. You do not need to wait until you see your provider to complete this step.
The Reward Your Health Program deadline is July 31, 2018. Participants must complete ALL 5 steps in order to achieve compliance. Those who are not compliant will pay up to $1200 more in health plan premiums in 2019.
Logging in to iStrive
Follow these steps to get logged in iStrive:
1. Go to hap.org. Enter your HAP member ID number (found on your insurance card) and password, then click on Log In.
2. If you’re not registered, click on Register Now and follow the prompts to complete your registration. Once you’ve registered, return to hap.org to enter your member ID number and password.
3. Once logged in, click on Reward Your Health under Quick Links. This page gives you access to all Reward Your Health requirements. You need to complete all five steps.
New Staff Members
If you were hired between 1/1/2018 and 3/31/2018, you (and your spouse if applicable) must complete the 2018 Reward Your Health program in full (i.e. all 5 steps mentioned above) to remain eligible for the premium discount in 2019. Please call the IYL office at 517-205-7495 if you have questions.
Reward Your Health Brochure
Click here for more information about the 2018 Reward Your Health Program.
Links and Resources
Click here to read more about cholesterol.
Click here to read more about blood pressure.
It's Your Life health coaches:
Non-HAP member log in page: Click here
Also available - the Henry Ford Allegiance Health University Resiliency Cafe, accessible if you are using the Henry Ford Allegiance network.
*If you are unable to participate in any of the above activities you may ask your doctor so sign an attestation form that you're under care for your condition. To get the form, log in to iStrive and click on Rewards. Go to Step 4 and click on Start Now and then I have a chronic condition. Fax the completed form to HAP at (313) 664-5010.