Did you know that an estimated 18.1% (40.1 million) of American adults, age 18 and older, smoke? Smoking remains the single largest cause of preventable disease and death in the United States. We know that quitting tobacco is the most important thing you can do to protect your health.
We also know that quitting tobacco is a process and it can only be your decision to stop. We are here to assist, guide and support you through your personal journey of quitting tobacco, no matter what stage of the process in which you find yourself.
Breaking a Nicotine Addiction
- Set a "quit date" and stick to it.
- Change your routine.
- Drink water throughout the day.
- Establish new healthy behaviors.
- Stay busy with a new hobby.
- Try deep breathing and relaxation exercises.
- Avoid alcohol and others who smoke.
- Make your care and home smoke free zones.
- Use medications proven to double your chances for success.
What is a Tobacco Treatment Specialist
Henry Ford Allegiance Tobacco Treatment Services
Ready to quit? Thinking about quitting? Henry Ford Allegiance Health Tobacco Treatment Services is here to help.
Because we're serious about helping you improve your health and quality of life, Henry Ford Allegiance makes tobacco treatment services available for free to anyone using tobacco products in any form.
Great Tobacco Treatment Resources on the Web
Looking for online support and information on your quit tobacco journey? Check out these links